iheartrwanda

Monday, July 09, 2007

Not much to report

Life here has been a bit more run-of-the-mill lately. I finished the first draft of the strategic plan for Solace and am waiting on feedback from that. I spent the better part of last week staring at my little computer working on it so it is nice to sit up straight and look at things further than one foot away from my face again. We really have to get these evaluations finished but are bogged down waiting for some groups to finish surveys and some people in the office to translate what we've received so far. I need to light a fire under some people because in a couple of weeks I have to start writing reports. This has to be finished before the director of the german NGO that works with Solace arrives in late July.

I interviewed a few people for my research last week, one in the ministry of foreign affairs. Hopefully this week I'll be able to do a few more of those. I still don't know exactly what my MA paper is going to be about but I'm gathering a lot of interesting information about what sort of experiences returnees have reintegrating.

Becky has a few encounters that have to happen soon. Her translator has been taking advantage of her a bit. Think/pray for her about that one. This trip to Rwanda has been a bit rougher for her than before because of some sticky relationship issues with some old friends here. I'm sure she can write much more about that.

This past Saturday we got to go see a really cool street kids ministry that a local church does. They have really changed the lives of about 70 children who were living on the streets sniffing glue and getting in trouble. It makes me ashamed to think about how I've reacted to some of the kids on the street here. Seems like this is a huge need here in Kigali.

That's it for now. Overall things are going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home